Pages

Sunday 20 November 2016

Baby Baseball Boots





Finally, I can post about these adorable little booties!  I was in the very privileged position of knowing that the baby the booties were being made for was going to be a girl, so sharing these fabulous pink booties would rather have given the game away!
I’ve made a few pairs of baby shoes, and I’ve learned: the first one I make is always too tight and to just frog it!  I concentrate so hard on the pattern my muscles must be super tense (I think I may forget to breathe at times too).  Once I’ve relaxed a little bit (by the time I get onto the second one) my tension is far more even!
I’ve tried (and failed) to make teeny baseball boots before so I scrutinised the patterns available on Ravelry to find one I might have success with.  I found this little gem!  Teri’s pattern is fantastically detailed with plenty of photos to reassure me I’m going along the right tracks.  I didn’t realise until after I’d finished but she’s also made a youtube video.  When you’re following a pattern that’s a bit tricky it’s really, really helpful to have so much support, it really helps me persevere.  For more of her wonderful crochet patterns go have a mooch around her fantastically named blog Knot Your Nana's Crochet
My only whinge (and it’s all to do with me being a lazy slattern) is that there are soooooo many ends that need sewing in.  But it’s because there are so many yarn changes, not a lot can be done to change that – it’s the nature of the finished item!
Hopefully these little boots will stay on (I always found my babies were very talented when it came to kicking off shoes and socks!) and look adorable on their gorgeous owner Imani.
As usual I used my go to yarn Stylecraft Special dk, because what is not to love about beautifully soft yarn in 82 colours that goes in the washing machine and tumble drier!  I used the colours fondant and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment